10 Questions I Hope I Don’t Get Asked During My Product Hunt AMA
I’m doing an “Ask Me Anything’ (AMA) session on Product Hunt tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 23rd, 2016 at 10 am PST, 1pm EST).
Would love for you to sign-up early, because I’m insecure, egotistical and I want to impress Ryan Hoover. Would love for a decent number of people to sign-up. Or an indecent number would be even better. 350 have signed up already (before this blog post was published). Here’s the link again.
As the name implies, folks are allowed to pretty much ask me anything, and short of something that will land me in jail (do not pass GO, do not collect $ 200) or harm someone else, I’m going to do my best to answer everything.
Here are the questions I’m hoping I won’t get asked…
1. How does it feel, personally, to have the HubSpot stock price drop so much in the past several weeks?
2. How much weight have you gained in the past 2 years? Does it have anything to do with HubSpot being public?
3. What do you think about competitor [X] — aren’t they just awful?
4. Is there a diabolical, grand master plan behind inbound.org? Why is HubSpot investing millions of dollars in this?
5. What do you and your wife talk about at the dinner table?
6. Should I buy HubSpot stock right now? Would you buy stock if you were me?
7. Do you secretly covet Rand Fishkin’s lovely beard/fashion-sense/wife?
8. How many actual computers are in your house right now?
9. What did you think of the latest Star Wars movie?
10. What’s the super-secret thing you’re working on at HubSpot right now that most people at HubSpot don’t even know about?
11. Are you and Ryan Hoover (founder/CEO of Product Hunt) actually twins? If not, why does it seem that way?
On the other hand, there are a few questions that I think would be fun/relevant/legal:
1. I hear you really like the Amazon Echo. What’s the strangest thing you use it for on a regular basis?
2. Are you going to write another book — if so, what’s it going to be about?
3. How many domain names do you personally own? What do you do with them? What are your favorites?
4. Is it true that you had lunch with Seth Godin and asked him what he thought about the term “inbound marketing”?
5. Were you and Scott Brinker (of Marketing Tech Landscape fame) classmates at MIT? What’s he like?
6. How many marketing strategists does it take to change a light bulb?
Remember, you can not ask questions by leaving a comment below. You have to ask them at the Product Hunt LIVE AMA with Dharmesh Shah
Hope to see you there. It should be fun!